Monday, October 6th , 2014, 7:00 PM
1. Welcome: NEWNC President
2. Call to order & Roll Call: NEWNC President
3. Meeting Protocol: NEWNC Vice President
4. Report from the offices of local elected officials
5. Committee Reports:
a. Resident Parking/Traffic Committee: Ryan Kenny
b. Public Safety Committee: David Marx
c. Greenway Committee: John Pregmon
d. Bylaws Committee: Ryan Kenny
6. Boston Water & Sewer Commission: BWSC is moving forward with their work replacing and lining sewer pipes in the North End, and would like to update the Council.
7. Sushi Rock LLC, 78-80 Salem St: Nicolas Leo is seeking the transfer of a CV 7-Day Malt & Wine with Liqueurs License from Pulcinella Mozzarella Bar, Inc to Sushi Rock, LLC and an extension of the closing hours from 11:00 PM to 1:00 AM. (Atty. Daniel Toscano, Licensing Board hearing date tbd).
8. JW Capital Partners, Lewis Wharf: JW Capital Partners has requested an opportunity to meet with the council to discuss their proposal to develop a boutique hotel and approximately 30-50 residential units on the existing pilings of Lewis Wharf. (Atty. Daniel Toscano, preliminary meeting).
9. The Cronin Group/Tia’s Restaurant, 200 Atlantic Ave: The Cronin Group has requested a zoning variance to add a second level to their restaurant. (Atty. William Ferullo, ZBA hearing date September 23, 2014).
10. Statewide Ballot Question 2: Emilee Ellison from No on Question 2 and a representative from the Sierra Club of Massachusetts will present their sides on the proposed expansion of the Bottle Bill slated for the November 4 ballot. If passed, the expansion would add a 5 cent deposit to containers like bottled water, teas, juices, and sports drinks.
11. Announcements/Open Discussion/Comments:
2014 - 15 Council Members
Philip Frattaroli, President
John Pregmon, Vice President
Maria Lanza, Secretary
Jessica Dello Russo
Anne Devlin Tagliaferro
Our next meeting will be held on Monday October 6th at 7:00pm