NEWNC’s Guidelines for Required Documents to Complete Application(s)
In order for the North End/Waterfront Neighborhood Council (NEWNC) to vote on an application, the following documents must be submitted to NEWNC for review prior to a vote being taken.
Appeals for Zoning Relief
1. Copy of the application submitted to the Zoning Board of Appeals (ZBA)
2. Copy of the denial letter from the Inspectional Services Department (ISD)
3. Copy of the Neighborhood Notification Letter sent to the abutters
4. List of the addresses of abutters notified (for instructions on how to determine this list see NEWNC Neighborhood Notification Policy below)
5. Finalized plans submitted to the ZBA (i.e. floor plans)
Application for a Liquor License
1. Copy of the application submitted to the Licensing Board
2. Copy of the Neighborhood Notification Letter sent to the abutters
3. List of the addresses of abutters notified (for instructions on how to determine this list see NEWNC Neighborhood Notification Policy below)
4. Copy of floor plan including any proposed changes to the property
5. Copy of the menu for proposed establishment
Presentation to NEWNC should include:
1. Proof of Neighborhood Notification to abutters
2. Plans for any change(s) to the interior or exterior of the property
3. Construction impact, if any, including duration of project, loss of parking spaces, traffic disruptions, trash removal
4. Plans for any change(s) to the business operation
5. Hours of operation
6. Planned signage
NEWNC Neighborhood Notification Policy:
1. Neighborhood notification should be made at least seven (7) days prior to the NEWNC meeting
2. Notifications should consist of:
A. Certified mailing to the owner(s) and renters in the applicant building.
B. Standard mailing to the owners and renters of the two (2) buildings to the left and two (2) buildings to the right of the applicant building.
C. Standard mailing to the owner(s) and renters of the building directly across the street, and the buildings to the left and right of it.
D. Standard mailing to the owner(s) and renters of the buildings behind the applicant building.
E. Flyers left in the common areas of the applicable buildings.
F. NEWNC may increase the scope of notification at its discretion.
3. The text of notifications must include:
A. Date, time and location of the NEWNC hearing as well as the ZBA or Licensing hearing.
B. Text of the petition before NEWNC.
C. Description of proposed change to the property or business.
D. Name and contact information for the projects contact person.